Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Open House & Dedication

In May, my husband and kids had the opportunity of attending the Gila Valley Arizona Temple open house. After a temple is built and before the temple is dedicated, it is open to the public for viewing. My husband went with some of the Young Men in our ward (congregation), and my 11 yr. old son was able to go with them. The following week, my 14 yr. old daughter was able to go with the Young Women in our ward.
016

32134_1430100359850_1453093347_1088348_594193_n[1]
With the completion of the Gila Valley Temple, there are now 132 temples around the world.

At the end of May we had the privilege of attending the broadcast of the Temple Dedication. Although we were not able to be there in person, it was a wonderful and uplifting experience for us and our kids.

After the Dedication, we thought it would be fun to make a temple out of sugar cubes.

My 3 kids in the middle of construction. :)
005

My hubby with our 3 kids and our completed “Sugar Cube Temple”
010
In my next post I will be answering some questions about Temples.
Why do we build Temples?
What is the purpose of Temples?
Why do Mormons perform ordinances for those who have died?

No comments: