Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Matters!!

This is one of my favorite "Mormon-Ads". 


This is a note to myself: Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of what's important in life.  I don't want to pass through this life and then realize that I missed out on what was most important-family relationships.  If we desire a close relationship with our children, then we MUST spend quality time with them on a regular basis.  That effort has to be made, regardless of how busy we are.  How many times do our kids hear us say, "Not right now...maybe later."  Too many times, that "later" never comes. I am SO guilty of this!! I need to learn how to stop what I'm doing, and show my kids that they are important to me by making the time for them. And if I truly am too busy for this, then I need to take a step back, take a real good look at my life and reprioritize.  Too many times, our days are filled with clutter.  Our days might even be filled with "good" things, but not filled with the most important things. In the end we will realize that so much of what we spend our time doing each day doesn't even matter.  What will matter? Family! That's what will matter!

Family Matters!!   

"If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them and half as much money on them."

-Abigail Van Buren

1 comment:

Shelly Beutler said...

LOVE IT!!! What a great reminder of what is most important - thank you Crissie!