Monday, October 26, 2009

Primary Presentation

My 2 boys participated in a “Primary Presentation” at church yesterday. “Primary” is the organization in our church for children ages 3-11. Towards the end of every year, the Primary kids put on a program where they share with us some of the things they have learned throughout the year. Every child has a small speaking part and the kids sing all of the songs that they learned throughout the year. The theme in Primary this year was, "My Eternal Family".

I was so proud of Parker (11 yrs) and Dallin (5 yrs). They both did such a good job on their speaking parts. They had their parts memorized and said it with confidence. It’s so fun to see all the kids get up in front of the whole church congregation to say their parts at the pulpit. They are so brave!!

Parker’s part was:

“One of President Monson’s favorite quotes is, ‘The family that prays together stays together.’ The Prophet has asked us to pray together as a family because it helps to unite families. I can set an example and help my family to have family prayer. When we have regular family prayer, our family is happier and kinder to each other. Praying as a family helps me feel safe and helps me feel close to my family and to my Heavenly Father."

Dallin’s part was:

“The Family Proclamation also says that, Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

It was so cute to hear him say those big words!

As I mentioned before, the family is an integral part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Family Proclamation declares to the world our beliefs in regards to the family. To read the proclamation, CLICK HERE.

**Thanks to all of the fabulous Primary leaders who worked so hard in putting together the primary program.  It was wonderful!

1 comment:

Sarah S. said...

Your kids did such a good job on their parts. Just like every year. I am in love with Dallin's voice fluctuation when he would say his part. It was adorable.